Skill Builders for French Language Arts
The Skill Builders for French Language Arts is designed for French second language learners. The program focuses on oral and written language acquisition appropriate to your child’s age and grade. These classes are available on a weekly basis (weekday mornings, 9:00 to 11:30 AM) during the first 4 weeks of our six-week summer programming.
Benefits of Skill Builders: In our program, our parents and students appreciate …
- small classes of up to 10 students of a similar age
- more work can be covered in a shorter time than in a more conventional classroom
- flexible timing and choices of weeks, and the weeks do not have to be consecutive
- communication with parents, including a call to review goals before the student begins
- relaxed and encouraging atmosphere, yet a well-structured program
- caring and warm certified teachers who show their enthusiasm each day
- Week In Review activity log
- a written progress report when attending 3 or more consecutive weeks in the same program.
Areas Covered in Skill Builders: According to the individual’s needs and number of weeks of registration, the program can include …
- reading comprehension
- listening skills
- vocabulary expansion
- oral reading/phonics
- work habits, organizational skills for task completion
- organizational skills related to written expression
- technical writing skills (e.g. sentence and paragraph structure, punctuation, grammar)
Feedback and Reporting
In all Skill Builders programs, you will receive an introductory call or email from the teacher to review the objectives for your child. This contact will be just prior to the beginning of your child’s program. Each Friday, all students receive from the teacher a copy of their Week In Review outlining their work and accomplishments for that week. During a program of 2 weeks or more, teacher feedback may also be given by telephone or email. We welcome at any time parents’ input and questions regarding their child’s progress. Students who attend 3 or more consecutive weeks in the same Skill Builders program receive a written report.